Sunday 5 August 2012

What Budapest has taught me

The thing I love most about travelling is that you constantly learn. This is what Budapest has taught me in the past three days:
  • Never underestimate European (and especially Hungarian) summers. I should have packed those summer dresses.
  • Budapest was three separate cities until 1873 when Buda, Old Buda and Pest were merged to form Budapest.
  • Budapest is pronounced Budapescht.
  • The Rubik's cube was invented by a Hungarian professor, Ernő Rubik.
  • Hungarian is not easy, it sounds like no other language I have ever heard, and the Hungarian alphabet has 44 letters.
  • When Hungarians say "hello" they mean "goodbye".
  • Never ask for a T-shirt in a bar - you might end up with ten beers.

  • Want to learn some Hungarian? Watch this video.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment